COUNTDOWN TO GRADUATION
Please read below for the latest information on graduation. For a full press release, click HERE.
- Graduate attendance is strictly voluntary. Graduates who do not attend the ceremony will still be recognized.
- Graduation Practice will be held Monday, June 1st, at 10 a.m. in Grisham Stadium. Seniors should wear their cap and gown and adhere to the CHS graduation dress code for a full dress rehearsal.
- At graduation practice, each graduate will be given two tickets for parents/guests to attend the ceremony. Seniors must provide the names of graduation guests to CHS admins in order to receive their tickets. Guests will be required to present ID upon arrival at the graduation ceremony. Guests with GOLD tickets will be seated on the home side and guests with BLACK tickets will be seated in the visitor stands to allow for proper social distancing. Stands seating will be marked off accordingly. Guests for each student will be able to sit together if they choose.
- In order for other family members and friends to celebrate with the Class of 2020 virtually, a high-quality live stream will be available via the following link: https://vcloud.blueframetech.
com/broadcast/embed/183485 (also viewable at the bottom of this page). Links to this stream will also be posted to Carrollton City Schools website, Youtube channel, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram social media accounts prior to the beginning of the ceremony.
- Students are to arrive and be seated by 6:45 p.m. Upon arrival, graduates will report immediately to their assigned seats on Trojan Field. They will be seated seven feet apart in all directions to allow for proper social distancing.
- Gates will open at 7:00 p.m. for guests.
- Guests are asked to wear a mask when entering the stadium. When guests get seated and can maintain proper social distancing, they may remove the mask if desired.
- All four stadium gates will be used and monitored to spread out traffic flow in and out of the stadium.
- All attendees should utilize the following parking areas: (See Map)
- SENIORS: park in the new CTAE/back parking lot and enter the field through the band gate, overflow parking will be the lot in front of the science wing
- GOLD TICKET HOLDERS (home side seats): park in the Mabry Arts Center parking lot
- BLACK TICKET HOLDERS (visitor side seats): park in the tennis court or visitor stand parking lots
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, graduates will be dismissed and escorted to their cars.
- Once the graduates are out of the stadium, guests will be released one section at a time on each side.
- To minimize student exposure, there will be no processional and no band performance. However, traditional graduation program elements, including graduate and administrator speeches, will continue as planned.
- Graduates will receive a “thumbs up” in lieu of a congratulatory handshake upon receipt of their diploma.
- Families are strongly encouraged not to hold celebrations following commencement and instead plan graduation events later in the summer when health guidance allows.