The tradition of homecoming has its origin in alumni football games held at schools across the country since the 19th century. It is the tradition of welcoming back former students to celebrate our school's existence. Each year our festivities kick off with theme days for students and a collection of goods to benefit non-profit organizations in our community. The final day of Homecoming is celebrated by a parade through campus, a football game on Friday evening, and the crowning of Homecoming King and Queen.
Homecoming Information for 10/1/21:
Homecoming Pep Rally (Grisham Stadium @ 10 am)
- Homecoming Court, Sweethearts, and Senior Superlative presentation
- Band performance
- The pep rally will be live-streamed HERE.
Homecoming Parade (Ben Scott Blvd. @ 1pm)
- Parade route and parking locations designated on this campus map.
- Parade participant line up will begin at 12pm behind CES. Cars that are not participating in the parade will not be allowed to enter the line up area.
- Campus Parking Instructions:
- There will be no day parking in the CES horseshoe on October 1.
- The CES horseshoe will be closed to traffic after 11am.
- All CES checkouts must occur before 11am. No checkouts will be allowed after this time. Checkouts will not reflect as an absence.
- Parents may park in the CES horseshoe temporarily prior to 11am to checkout their child.
- Parents who wish to attend the parade with their child should meet their child's class outside at their parade location.
- Spectators will not be allowed to leave parking areas until parade has concluded.
- Class floats will deliver "Gold and Black Give Back" donations to local charities in the vocational parking lot behind CHS after the parade.
Homecoming Game (Grisham Stadium @ 7:30pm)
- PreGame @ 7pm: Sweetheart presentation
- Halftime: Homecoming court presentation and charity giving results
- The game is the GPB Game of the Week and will be broadcast on GPB Sports TV and online HERE.